If you are struggling with tax debt, a smart solution is to find professionals to help you deal with the IRS and find an adequate resolution. When you are looking for the right company to guide you on your tax help journey, you will want to find someone with the experience to ensure positive results.
When you choose the best tax resolution service, you want to know that you are working with a company that you can trust and depend on. You will want to find a network of professionals that are:
- Have a great reputation
- Include licensed or enrolled agents
- Offer a money-back guarantee
As you begin your journey, take the time to research different companies, making sure they have the necessary characteristics.
Full-Service Tax Assistance Company
Freedom Tax Relief is a company that is based out of San Mateo, CA, and serves 49 US states. Founded in 2002, the firm provides tax assistance for both individuals and businesses. They claim to provide help in getting relief in a variety of circumstances, including levies and garnishments, installment arrangements, tax filings and penalties, payroll taxes, Offers in Compromise, and more.
Take a look at this agency and whether they meet the basic essentials that include:
Transparency & Tax Debt Settlement
A great tax service will be fully transparent about their business, making it easy for potential customers to discover whether or not the company is right for them. Transparency includes honesty about the company, their services, their experience, their abilities, and clear and open communication about costs, such as what charges will be and when they are expected to be paid.
Every client should feel confident when they hire a tax resolution agency, knowing exactly what they’re getting and what it will cost them.
Freedom Tax Relief does not appear to be fully transparent about its costs or its capabilities.
- Their website claims they can save their customers a certain amount of money. However, every person’s tax situation will be different and unique, with no guaranteed amount of money saved. Making claims that there will be guaranteed savings shows a lack of honesty and transparency on their part.
- Their solutions page is brief, only touching on Offers in Compromise. While Offers in Compromise is an important service for any tax service, they should also be skilled experts in other areas. With a sole focus on Offers in Compromise and their money-savings guarantee, Freedom Tax Relief appears to make the inaccurate claim that they have the ear of the IRS and can promise you extensive tax forgiveness.
- Information about the agency is sparse and difficult to find. The website does not include information about ownership or staff. This should be a red flag in regards to transparency. When it comes to sensitive financial matters, knowing who you are working with and their qualifications are essential. The lack of information on the supposed experts of Freedom Tax Relief should not be taken lightly.
- Potential for hidden costs and fees. Freedom is not open about its fees, which is one of the largest red flags. They require an upfront retainer fee and there is also the potential to have additional charges tacked on throughout the process.
People in need of tax help are often struggling in the financial arena and need to know what they can expect to pay for tax service. A reputable company will be upfront and honest about all costs and their fee payment schedule. They should offer flexible payments instead of upfront fees and should not have multiple charges added to their initial retainer fee.
When it comes to ability and cost transparency, Freedom Tax Relief does not fit the bill of a professional company.
Reputable Tax Professional
Another essential aspect of a tax relief business is reputation. A tax relief company you can trust will have a positive, verifiable reputation. This means you will be able to search online and discover customer reviews that speak to the company’s positive aspects. You will want to make sure the company has a handful of happy clients who have had a great experience with them and have received worthwhile results. You will also want your company to be accredited with the Better Business Bureau and not have a number of complaints filed against them.
Freedom Tax Relief has been in business for over a decade, yet does not have a strong online presence or reputation. A quick online search shows more negative feedback than positive. There is not a lot of information online that provides a good outlook, and the company is not accredited with the BBB. Without positive first-hand feedback or BBB accreditation, it can be a risky move to hire them.
In order to represent a case in front of the IRS, agents must be licensed or enrolled. Acceptable agents include those that are federally authorized tax practitioners, known as enrolled agents, Certified Public Accountants, and tax attorneys. Without licensed or enrolled agents, a tax debt service will have their hands tied in regards to the types of help they can provide.
Freedom Tax Relief does not have tax attorneys, enrolled agents, or CPAs on its team. This means that they will not be able to represent you in front of the IRS, limiting their capabilities when it comes to debt forgiveness. This is also very clear about their success in Offers in Compromise. While the company advertises itself as having great success in saving clients money via release of tax liability through Offers in Compromise, their inability to represent you in front of the IRS minimizes that claim. In fact, they must hire out and use a third-party company to represent your interests in front of the IRS.
If the tax resolution service does not have licensed or enrolled agents, they will not be able to provide you with the tax help that you need. The team does not include the professional, licensed representatives that will help you get your desired results.
Does Freedom Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Offering a money-back guarantee provides a foundation for experienced and service. It is essentially a guarantee of the professionalism and results of the company. With a money-back guarantee, the tax relief agency is stating that they have the skills to get you great results and they are confident that they will be successful.
The program requires an upfront retainer fee and does not have a money-back guarantee. That means you will have to pay them before you begin working with them and if they do not provide results, you will not get any money back. This is incredibly risky for customers, as they are paying high fees from the beginning and have no guarantee that their tax debt will be resolved.
What Qualifies You For Tax Relief?
The following are a number of defining features they consider:
- Require a minimum of $10,000 in tax debt to work with an individual.
- Do not work with businesses.
- Do not cover state tax debt, only federal.
- Do not work on cases that are currently not collectible.
- Do not work with taxpayers that have an installment arrangement.
How can tax debt be resolved?
If you owe money and need help getting your issues resolved, you need to work with a debt consolidation company that guarantees you top results- or your money back. IRS Tax Relief Network is a professional service that has the knowledge, skill, and experience to help you obtain your desired results.
The Network of experienced Tax experts meet the necessary requirements of a successful and established business.
They are honest about their capabilities and have verifiable results to back them up. They have fully transparent fees with a money-back guarantee that ensures you will not lose any money when you work with them.
The team includes licensed tax attorneys, CPAs, and enrolled agents who can represent you in front of the IRS. With a positive reputation that precedes them and a network of satisfied clients. They are a great choice for anyone that needs help with their unresolved tax debt.
Owe the IRS $10,000 or more? Click the banner below👇 and complete your short application to request your free consultation. Resolve your tax debt today with one of the nation’s top tax resolution experts!